"We are all handmade people created by a God who is not safe or small." Rend Collective Experiment

Monday, December 28, 2009

When Cousins Meet~


A little shy at first.  "Hey you and me.. I hear we are cousins.."

Such a shy demure flower our Sweet Pea is..


 Not!--
 
I think they bonded.  It took all of 30 seconds.  If we adults could learn to love like that.  No pretenses.. no expectations... just loving each other for who we are in the right here and now.

I learn so much from our children.

The story on how they came to be cousins here (for those who don't know..)

Our mouths were filled with laughter,
       our tongues with songs of joy.
       Then it was said among the nations,
       "The LORD has done great things for them."


                 Psalm 126:2~



13 comments:

darci said...

so wonderful! hope you had a very merry Christmas! it looks like it. :) darci

Kathy C. said...

What a wonderful story!

Grateful for Grace said...

Darling. Just darling.

Robin's Reports said...

So true!! He looks like he's trying to tickle her.

We need to catch up!!

Adeye said...

How absolutely PRECIOUS!

I too learn so very much from my sweet children.

Love and hugs
Adeye

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
A Carolina Mama said...

Renee,

You dont know me, but someone on the Cafekids yahoo group posted a link to your blog. I am truly inspired by your story! We are in the process of adopting from Ethiopia, raising 3 homegrown kids, and contemplating homeschooling. We are in the waiting waiting waiting phase.. to see your dreams being fulfilled is so encouraging.

I look forward to following your blog!

In His name,
Jennifer

Hope said...

How CUTE!! I am so glad that they were all quickly friends. No awkward moments or anything; J&J just instantly had 12 more play mates! :)

Deborah said...

That precious little boy wouldn't be here if it weren't for the obedience of you and your DH in your family life...it's so mind boggling...everything that has happened points to a God who loves us dearly and plans our future with things in it that we can only imagine, but not really...

You encouraged me more than you'll EVER know during our visit. I rerun the things you said and smile. I love you dearly,
Debbie

Pam said...

So so sweet!!!

A long time ago you had asked me about SPD. I just blogged more about it if you want to take a look. Many blessings to you!

Leah-Joy said...

it was so awesome to see them together! i hope we can be together again soon!

Grace* said...

There is so much that children do that I need to do. I am so blessed to see him grow and learn along the way.

Debbie B said...

Renee, you have such a sweet and gracious heart. I so enjoy reading your Blog.

Blessings and prayers sent to you,
Debbie