"We are all handmade people created by a God who is not safe or small." Rend Collective Experiment

Friday, January 08, 2010

2 Years~



Two Years Ago today...




They stepped off the plane and into my arms (they had been in my heart since the day I first learned about them)..




My sons. Two precious boys who are so kind, brave, and strong. As different from one another as day and night yet, both so amazing.



I can't tell you how proud I am to be their Mama. I am so blessed that the Lord has allowed me to be a part of their lives. I have no doubt that He is going to use them in a mighty way.

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11~

*We tried to recreate the Pic w/ Sweet Pea we took 2 years ago, but they don't quite fit on my lap like they used to!

14 comments:

darci said...

Happy Day!! Two years-what a blessing. :)

mom2rebels said...

Wow...two years? Already? I am as blessed reading this today as I have been each time you've posted these two years. So glad to "know" you and to have had the privilege of praying for your family and praising God for his goodness and mercies he's poured out to you.

Kathy C. said...

Precious.

Grateful for Grace said...

Oh, oh!! I remember! I remember!

Is it ok to covet your life? What? Still a sin? Oh. I'll stop. I have a pretty stinkin' good life. I just want to adopt sooo stinkin' badly.

Leah-Joy said...

That is so awesome! They are such blessings and I too am proud to call them MY cousin's!

Christine said...

What a beautiful post. I feel your joy! Thank you for the touching comment you left on my blog about your own Dad. I appreciate you sharing it.

Adeye said...

Congrats on such a special day!!! I LOVE their smiles :)

Rejoicing with you tonight.

TexasHeather said...

Oh, how sweet!!!! I remember when they came home....cannot believe it was 2 yrs ago now!!

Happy Day!!!!!

Jess said...

Wow, I can't believe it's been that long! I rejoiced with you then; I rejoice with you now! They are getting so tall and lanky. :)

Deborah said...

This is so absolutely adorable! You are such a wonderful Mama ~ they are thriving with your love. Thank you for all you teach us about the love of Christ.
Debbie

Robin's Reports said...

I love the before/after picture. That was a fast two years!!

Michael wants to have more brothers & sisters of all colors like your family.

Mama of 5 said...

Wow, that was a fast 2 years! I love how sweet pea is sandwiched in there.

Kimmie said...

Well I haven't known you for that long, but I am happy to celebrate and rejoice with you.

They certainly are handsome young men too!

Kimmie
mama to 7
one homemade and 6 adopted

PastorMac's Ann said...

Wow, Renee! I can't believe it's been two years already! Seems like just yesterday you were starting the process to bring them home!

Makes me tear up thinking about it.