"We are all handmade people created by a God who is not safe or small." Rend Collective Experiment

Monday, February 01, 2010

Monday, Monday..

Last Night after church we had a cupcake fellowship. There were cupcakes..... lots and lots of cupcakes. There were happy people.......... lots and lots of happy people. Cupcakes have a strange effect on people.

Alas, at the end of the Fellowship.. there were still cupcakes... lots and lots of cupcakes. So, our Associate Pastor brought us a few dozen to take home with us..because well... we *are* a lot of people.

Jim declared today to be "Cupcake Monday.." You see we also have a huge cake in the fridge left over from our daughter's 14th birthday. So the cupcakes must be gone. Banished.

It was a sacrifice but we attempted to rise to the challenge..Such a submissive wife and obedient children Jim has (Ha, ha ;o)





Here they are ready to be conquered..



She signed right up for the cause..and even color coordinated.



More children bravely facing the challenge..



What mighty warriors we are raising..




At the end of the battle.


Cupcakes.... have a strange effect on people..



I hope you all had a great Monday! Didn't mean to disappear..January, was a BUSY month.

And

This Little Fella..







Has put the B in BUSY, more grey in my hair. , and some smooshy gooshy love in my heart.


*Disclaimer-All children had partaken healthy portions of their daily food groups before the cupcake massacre occurred. No children were sick or injured as a result of said massacre. Appearance of illness was for dramatic purposes..which may or may not have been encouraged by their mother.

10 comments:

BETHANY said...

Wish I could have joined you in your sacrificial, submissive scarfing of sugar. :)

Renee said...

Oh, wish you could have too. We sure could have used you and your curly headed reinforcements. :o)

Kathy C. said...

Wow, those look good. I've let mine have cupcakes for breakfast before and they have turned out just fine : )

Kimmie said...

Wow, I am not letting my crew read this...the number one reason is...we don't have any cupcakes.

love your disclaimer...to funny.

Your kids are just totally beautiful...all of them -really!

Kimmie
mama to 7
one homemade and 6 adopted

marineswife said...

Love the disclaimer! LOL I was laughing so hard at the "sick" picture.

Robin's Reports said...

Those are some beautiful cupcakes & kids. I love how your kids cooperate for funny blog pictures. Mine are so willing any more. ;o)

The disclaimer is awesome!

Robin's Reports said...

Oooh, I forgot to say, "Happy Birthday" to K. My M is just 6 mo behind her. They're growing up too fast.

Also, I love all the camo at your house. My guys have been playing "sniper" in the backyard w/ their nerf guns and the camo flood the laundry baskets each week.

Charity Hildebrand said...

Oh my that is just TOO funny! Thanks for sharing :)

Mama of 5 said...

Oh, my word....I really want a cupcake NOW!
Becky

Grateful for Grace said...

Cute, cute, too cute!