"We are all handmade people created by a God who is not safe or small." Rend Collective Experiment

Friday, February 12, 2010

Our Race~



How will we race?



Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 3:13-14



Try as hard as you can. Never quit..Enjoy the ride. Keep your eyes turned upward...


I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13~




Rejoice in the victory you have...The victory that has been promised you.


Now thanks be to God who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and through us diffuses the fragrance of His knowledge in every place. 2Corinthians 2:14





And bask in the love...

And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:19



Our lives are a race. A marathon to run for the glory of God. Each day we are running to claim the upward prize of His calling. How will we run? With Love? With Joy? With agony? With a complaining heart? Or with a purpose knowing that we are called? We are called and empowered by the maker of the Universe, the Creator of all, the Lord Jesus Christ.

Never forget that you are never alone in the race. Your Savior Jesus Christ is with you every step of the way. He is encouraging you with His Word. He is enabling you with His Church. He is guiding you with the Holy Spirit. He will never leave you or forsake you and He is with you to the uttermost.

9 comments:

We Are Family said...

WOnderful post!

Robin's Reports said...

Love how you bring such ancient text to modern application. Gee, it's like it is living, breathing, Word of God! Ha ha.

Happy Birthday to your Dad. Does that knowledge of playing with lightswitches come in handy now?

Give Filup a hug from Auntie Robin. I think he is so wise for one so young.

CHEPA said...

renee,
what a beautiful post--and I don't mean in a fluffy, looks-pretty way :) but really, a very very timely post for me to read-I have been tired in my 'race' lately, and I have not been running as a champion, that's for sure. Thank you for the powerful living Word, mixed in with your wisdom. darci :)

darci said...

sorry tha twas me. :) darci

Leah-Joy said...

Thank you so much Aunt Renee! This ministered to me so much! I have been feeling pretty down here lately and when I finally LET Him take my burdens last night, even though I am so tired, but I feel so good! Thank you for this reaffirmation!

Jen said...

Renee,

Nice to meet you via our blogs! I think we might be kindred spirits (based on your profile movies, hobbies, and book list). LOL!

We have friends who have adopted from Ethiopia and are in the process again. They also have some orphanages there that they run and support. My husband may be going there soon for a short missions trip. I'm thinking that means there may be some little Ethiopians in our family within the year. . .

hmmm. . .

Angela said...

Makes me smile and I really appreciate the reminder to keep my eyes on the Lord. Sweet Pea looks so delighted! Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful family with all of us. God bless you guys!

Lvly Rita said...

Lovely post. My daughter wanted to know, "Who won?"

Saminda said...

Hello! I found you via Kimmie's blog. What a beautiful, precious family you have!!!! Thank you for inspiring me. :) xo