"We are all handmade people created by a God who is not safe or small." Rend Collective Experiment

Thursday, April 15, 2010

1Samuel 1:27~

Our Adoptions! JCSIS is asking adoptive families to Blog their adoptions (see post below this). Here are the pics of our boys we received while we were in process and recent pictures of them.










-Our Philip. Born in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. Home forever July 23, 2005
Sweet, funny, charming, fast as the wind.









~Our John-John. Born in Soddo, Ethiopia. Home forever July 23, 2005
Every pic we were sent of Johnny he looked so unbelievably sad. He is one of the happiest people I know. Johnny is sweet, loving, and loyal.









Our Noah~Noah was born in Nazret, Ethiopia. Home forever May 6, 2006. Noah is a funny, smart and extremely loving little boy.











Our Joel~ born in Accra, Ghana. Home forever January 8, 2008. Joel is an easy going and happy boy. He loves meat and his Mama. He is full of joy.












Our Eben-Born in Accra, Ghana. Home forever January 8, 2008. Eben is smart, compassionate, loving and a hard worker.

We are so blessed to have these boys in our family. They are gifts from God and we are so humbled that we have been given the chance to raise them.

For this child I prayed, and the LORD has granted me my petition that I made to him. 1Samuel 1:27~

17 comments:

natali said...

what gorgeous sons you have! I'm so thankful for people like you who "get it" :))

We Are Family said...

Gorgeous boys. Blessings for sure!

faithfulremembrances said...

I have read your blog a hundred times, I don't know why it never occurred to me that you adopted all boys. I LOVE IT. I read one time that only 25% of international adoptions are boys. That of course is not because there is a lack of orphaned boys. That statistic nearly broke my heart. As if being born a certain gender some how made them more dangerous, more difficult, more complicated, and harder to love. What a lie from the enemy. These boys, that everyone is so afraid of, placed in a loving God fearing home are our future missionaries, church leaders, and most importantly family leaders. I believe the enemy would have us believe that there is no hope for the boys, because he knows how powerful they can be when being used by the Living God.

Acceptance with Joy said...

What a blessing!

Your family is inspiring.

Anonymous said...

Our family is so blessed ~ words cannot convey how loving and LOVED Philip, Johnny, Noah, Joel and Eben are! The love of parents, siblings and extended family has melded each one into our family and hearts ~ we are soooooooooo blessed!! Love, Mom aka Mimi

Cari said...

thank you for sharing their story and I totally agree with "faithfulremembrances" comment.

Mama of 5 said...

Love this post! Those boys have grown so much. They are all so handsome....and happy.
Becky

Mama D.'s Dozen said...

LOVE the new family pic at the top of the blog.


:) :) :)

Mom to 9 Blessings! said...

You are one blessed Momma!

Thanks for saying yes to share the post!

I'm putting it up later this morning!

Love you Renee!
Jill

Christine said...

Yes they are all amazing kids! Love the before and after pics.

Robin's Reports said...

Each one, a miracle.
Each one, a testimony.
Each one, so loved.
Each one, a blessing.

Why are there not more adoptions?? If I could afford the fees & get a bigger house, I'd have a dozen too.

Love you guys!

Saminda said...

I'm having tears as I read your words and look at the photos of your precious boys. Thank you for blessing me! xo

Saminda said...

I'm having tears as I read your words and look at the photos of your precious boys. Thank you for blessing me! xo

Kimmie said...

What beautiful sons. I love adoption.
Thanks for sharing Renee.

We leave on Monday to get sweet Simenesh in Ethiopia!

xoxo
Kimmie
mama to 8
one homemade and 6 3/4 adopted

Leah-Joy said...

i am so blessed to have all these wonderful young as my cousins! it has been so awesome to watch them grow and become part of our family!

thank you so much for following God's will and bringing these babies home!

Debbie B said...

I loved the photos of the then and now!!

May your family be blessed as you seek God's will in raising your children.

Blessings,
Debbie

Robin Dodd Photography said...

Renee! It's been awhile since I've been to your blog. Joel and Eben are so BIG!!!! Wow. I just love reading about your family. You inspire me!