"We are all handmade people created by a God who is not safe or small." Rend Collective Experiment

Thursday, April 01, 2010

April Fool's Day Fun~

April Fool's Day~

How funny. This year my children were going to be prepared. They had me quite nervous last night as they went room to room plotting and giggling.

I was relieved to wake up unscathed..




Poor Wee Boy couldn't say the same. Apparently his sisters and brothers gave him a makeover overnight.





It wasn't long before this little guy kept showing up every time I turned around. I hate snakes. Real or fake they freak me out. I jumped and screamed *every time* much to the delight of the children.




Can you believe this cutie pie would do that to his Mama?

O.k. with my past record it's understandable..still I know I am going to find this snake in my bed tonight and it will still scare the bejeebeees out of me.




Tonight my eldest daughter and I (with our little helpers) whipped up some faux grilled cheese sandwiches (They are actually cake and icing...) while they kiddies were at TKD. The recipe is here


/>

They were a big hit and we totally fooled them. We used strawberry sauce as our tomato soup. It was a yummy treat.

Finally, we ended the night with our concordances and our Bibles. We took a journey through what the Word has to say about being a fool.

What a blessing to have a loving God who is yearning to impart wisdom to ALL. He is the ultimate giver. The giver of life, love, grace, hope, and wisdom. He is good!

And that from a child you have known the holy scriptures, which are able to make you wise to salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. 2 Timothy 3:15~

6 comments:

Heather A. said...

Oh Renee, the pic of Wee Boy and his makeover made giggle! That's a keeper!

Marian said...

Poor Wee Boy!

What a great idea to look at what the Bible says about fools on April Fools' Day. Renee, you need to start posting what you're going to do for these less prominent holidays ahead of time so I can shamelessly copy your great ideas without having to wait a year to do it!=) You see, even though the world's biggest Star Wars fan resides here, right in my house, it had never occurred to me to celebrate May the Fourth, until reading about your little celebration here... on May the 5th. This year I'll be ready!
Thanks for sharing your fun!

Kelly said...

Such Fun!
I spent the entire day having Parker tell me "Mommy, you have egg on your shirt"...giggles..."April fools"...explosion of laughter. Rinse. Lather. Repeat.
All day.

Leah-Joy said...

nothing much happened here! sounds like a pretty eventful day! y'all are so fun!!

Kimmie said...

your fake grilled cheese...it looks REAL! REally!

Oh my what sound sleepers you must have...poor boy!

How was your bed?

Kimmie
mama to 8
one homemade and 6 3/4 adopted

Kathy C. said...

That's really not grilled cheese? I was just thinking they looked good and thinking I needed to make some soon.