"We are all handmade people created by a God who is not safe or small." Rend Collective Experiment

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Psalm 133:1~

Today we had several family members off in different directions. Our teens were off with their cousins. Jim and the three middle boys were off to a men's event at church.





He was so excited he was old enough to go this year. He came downstairs dressed and combed and asked, "Do I look o.k. Mama?" I told him how nice he looked. Jim and I did gently suggest that his flannel camo may be a tad warm being that it was 80 degrees outside, but he insisted he would be fine.





I love the relationship these three have.


Our 10 and 11 year old daughters wanted to make a fun day for the Littles. They planned water activities..It was so thoughtful of them. They are such a blessing to us all.



Filling up the kiddie pool..






The Little Fella and his water fun..






They had a hose ruuning off the slide like a water park..






This is always fun too..







Making the zip line a little more exciting..






Water jump rope..




Baking a cake..





I think the Littles felt very loved and very blessed...




I know I sure was blessed to see the way they love one another.

How wonderful, how beautiful, when brothers and sisters get along! Psalm 133:1 (The Message)

11 comments:

Pam said...

What a fun, fun day! Love the water jumprope idea!

Kimmie said...

Hi Renee;

about the book (One Million Arrows).

... The author is looking for bloggers who are passionate about orphans and God. She is looking for bloggers who have a following and blog at least weekly. If this is you...go to her website by April 25th and tell her you'd like to review the book and then be part of the book promotion in May.(she'll send you a book in the mail to read).

Let me know if you need help...I leave Monday for Addis Ababa.

xoxo

xoxo
Kimmie

We Are Family said...

Looks like a lot of fun!

Cari said...

What great family memories! I'm jealous of your warm day as we actually had sleet/snow today....yuck! But we did have a 80 degree day two days ago...go figure!

Adeye said...

Oh my goodness, I LOVE that last picture. Such absolute contentment!

Love and hugs from the Ukraine, friend.

Gae said...

Dear Renee,
I love it when the older children do those special things for their younger siblings.
It is an opportunity for them to really show love for one another and the little ones are usually so happy and thankful
I have really loved looking and reading about your lovely family.
God Bless

Robin's Reports said...

Renee!! Girlfriend!! I had no idea you had a zip line. Field trip to your house. That looks like so much fun.

Hardly a time to be sad that you can't go to something with the older ones. I know little M was disappointed tonight that he couldn't serve meals with the Youth tonight (Dinner & a Movie fundraiser). I did allow him to attend though, so at least he could feel like he was a part of the event. It's hard being 10 when you want to be 13.

Mom to 9 Blessings! said...

Renee -how fun and beautiful! Loved this post!

Thanks for sharing your joy with us today!

Love and blessings,
Jill

Kathy C. said...

Looks like a fun day for all of them.

Grateful for Grace said...

So, so sweet!

Eve said...

Wow. Seems like you have a wonderful family, with lots of fun activities always doing. God bless.