"We are all handmade people created by a God who is not safe or small." Rend Collective Experiment

Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Oh be careful little ears what you hear..

Our 11 year old daughter came to me to tell me something our Sweet Pea had done.

I always try and be sensitive to our older children dealing with younger children and try and make sure the youngers are treating the olders with respect.

In this instance I felt like Sweet Pea had committed a "childish offense". I chalked it up to her being well....3. I tried to explain to my daughter that it surely wasn't a premeditated offense...

I said, "It's not like she did it and then gave you the evil laugh Mu-ah-ah-ah." (I confess, I love doing the evil laugh)..

My 11 year old daughter said, "Well, actually Mama..she did."

Me(Incredulously): "She gave you the EVIL laugh?"

Daughter "GIGGLING....Yes.."

I looked down at Sweet Pea and she gave me a BIG smile and then went.."Mu-ah-ah-ah.."

And the very chagrined judge found the defendant guilty. The evil laugh will hang you every time.

13 comments:

natali said...

haha!!

Mama D.'s Dozen said...

Too funny!!!

Those 3 year olds learn a LOT with so many older siblings. Oh yes they do. I'm sure she is 3 going on 13.

My youngest, who is 8, thinks he is 18. :)


Laurel :)

Kathy C. said...

Funny. I bet the little ones learn LOTS of interesting things from the older ones! : )

:)De said...

LOL!!!

mary grace said...

Tell me you weren't holding back a smile the whole time. Please! That is just too funny. :-)

Leah-Joy said...

Sweet pea is hilarious!! well, you all are!

Delena said...

LOL. Darn it if they don't pick up on those things.

OneThankfulMom said...

Our Little Man does an amazing evil laugh too - he cracks us up every time!

Lisa

Grateful for Grace said...

Happy Mother's Day to one of the best!

Heather A. said...

I LOVE it! That's so funny!

muddyboots said...

I read this post every day... and every day I end up with a HUGE grin on my face. :)

Robin's Reports said...

Hysterical!! Big M does the "mu-ha-ha-ha-ha" laugh too. I wonder if he learned it from you. ? Hmmm.. Anyhow, cute store. Beautiful Mother's Day pictures. Love the cowboy boots on Crystal. What an adorable picture of them holding hands on each side of the door. Love that.
My parents are gone anytime you want to call. :o)
Love YOU ALL!

Margaret said...

This cracked me up! One of my boys was trying to deny hitting his sister in the head with a nerf ball on purpose... she replied "Then why did you yell 'Bullseye!' when it hit me?"