"We are all handmade people created by a God who is not safe or small." Rend Collective Experiment

Thursday, September 02, 2010

Matthew 5:16~



Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven. Matthew 5:16~


It is always so hard when you don't Blog for a bit to jump back in. I never know where to start. I didn't intend to stop Blogging regularly..life just got busy. Then I became aware of some Blog controversy that made me stop and ponder exactly what this Blogging thing was all about. It can be so disheartening to see people tear each other down.

I have been so blessed to have lovely people read and comment here.

How is everyone? We have had a blessed summer. We did school up until August 1st. We also had a lot of fun at the beach, pool, free movies, and just enjoying each other. Our highlights are without a doubt the visits we had from family. Our sweet cousins came as well as our Mimi and Aunts and Uncles. We have some really fun and cool people in our family.

We had 4 Birthdays. We now have two 12 year olds. One sixteen year old..and a 41 year old. July is so FUN!

The older 7 children are in heavy training for their TKD black best test which, Lord willing, will be in November. They are teaching classes and then having hours of class time for themselves.

They are also training for a 5K.

We officially have 10 children in our homeschool. We have had a good week and seem to be finding a pattern. I told Jim our school could really use some janitorial and kitchen help. HA!

I hope you are all doing well. Are you back to school (Public/Private/Homeschool) Doing anything new in your schooling?

Much Love,
Renee

19 comments:

Kathy C. said...

I fear I am not going to survive Florida state standards fourth grade math. Day one--millions place value, day three--hundred millions place value story problems!

Kathy C. said...

PS Love you header picture!

Marian said...

Love to "hear from you" whenever you can pop on : )

Heather A. said...

So glad to see you back in the bloggy world! I always miss seeing your posts. The almost always brighten my day just a bit.

Blessings, Heather A

jennifer said...

So glad to see you back! I've missed your posts, but I feel the same way when I am away from blogging for a bit. It is so hard to get started again and then find that normal rhythm.

School is going well here, though it had its challenges in the beginning. I think we've worked through them and are finally (!) getting into a routine.

God Bless!

Kris P said...

Welcome back. I love reading your blog.
FYI, my oldest is in 1st grade now at a private school.
Youngest is 3 1/2, so no school yet!

darci said...

welcome back! i so know what you mean..i am a very sporadic blogger. :) what a great pic of the kids on your header! I should let me sweetie know I need a janitor...hmm..
have a great long weekend. darci :)

Renee said...

Oh Kathy that sounds so awful! I saw a sign yesterday advertising a private school and their hook was that you don't have to take the state test. Sad they put so much on these little ones.

I hope you and your precious family are well.

Renee said...

Thanks Marian!

Renee said...

Thank you Heather. You always make me smile :o)

Renee said...

Thanks Jennifer! It can be challenging to get the school groove back.

Renee said...

Kris! It is so great to "see" you! I can't believe how your littles have grown! I hope you are doping well.

Renee said...

Darci! How are you? Jim wasn't buying the need for a janitor. Ha, I had to try.

:)De said...

Good to see you. I was thinking about you 2 weeks back as I was going to go through your blog to try to find your granola recipe.

School started early for us and is going well. We are looking forward to 2 more camping trips this season. Have a great weekend.

Peace

Renee said...

Thanks De!!

Did you find the recipe? Let me know if you still need it. Have a great time camping!!

Debbie B said...

I love the photo of your and Deborah's families.... but I didn't see Hope!!

It's good to see you blogging again.

Blessings,
Debbie (Deborah's friend)

Mama of 5 said...

Hi Renee,
So glad to see you back. I miss reading your blog. But, it was a great time to think of you all and pray for you when I'd check your blog. We had a very busy and fun summer. My kids are heading to school this week. Gonna miss them but I do love the routine of the year. :)
Becky

Bloggin' Robin said...

Renee-

I enjoy your blog and have missed you. Glad you're back. Thanks for sharinglife and encouraging others around to live out their faith. Blessings, robin

Mama D.'s Dozen said...

Good to see you back at blogging. I always love to hear about your family ... and see their adorable smiling faces.

I just returned from a 6 week, 9,000 mile, Road Trip / Camping Trip with my 6 youngest kids. While our workbooks and textbooks are just coming out this week, we did a LOT of very awesome educational stuff on our 6 week "field trip". We visited 8 or 9 National Parks and Monuments, and our kids did the Junior Ranger program at each park. Way cool ... and FUN!

Hope you all are doing well.


Laurel :)