"We are all handmade people created by a God who is not safe or small." Rend Collective Experiment

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Decking, Singing, and Jingling~

This is such a wonderful time of the year to focus on the wonder of Jesus and the gift He gave us all. We have been having fun decking our halls, singing praises to Him, and "Jingling our Bells" in a charity 5K run.

I am such a boring Blogger these days..I have these great thoughts (Ha! so I think) when I am out or in the middle of the night, but they all go poof when I sit down.






Love this Little Nativity, but I have go hunting Jesus each night as I put it away. I call it the "Wise Men Still Seek Him Hunt". I find Him in the strangest places..hanging out with Spiderman? Reminds me of how the Pharisees were surprised at who Jesus hung around and ministered to.







Sweet Joel decorating the tree!



Waiting for the Christmas Extravaganza to begin!





Sisters!



Four of those children belong to us! I love to see them sing their hearts out to Jesus.



He LOVED singing. He was front and center. Afterward he told me, "Mama, that was so, so fun and I'm not sure but I think I did a pretty good job." Yes, he did!



The singers and the Little Fella who decided he needed to be in the picture. They all did a GREAT job!





We ran the 5K together. It was a lot of fun and very crowded running the streets at night. They had luminarias lit and the houses were decked out with lights. Some fun people ran dressed as elves and Santas. There were a lot of jingle bells on people's shoes and it was a great time. SO proud of our 12 year olds. They ROCK!

3 comments:

PotterMama said...

we have the same nativity set, my girls love it ! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Mama of 5 said...

We too find Baby Jesus in strange places. I had to put the set away for a bit this week when my wee ones were fighting over the set. Finally I took the batteries out of it...so no more music. Now, happy playing again! Jesus flies around like Superman!
Becky

Kathy C. said...

What sweet singers.