"We are all handmade people created by a God who is not safe or small." Rend Collective Experiment

Saturday, March 05, 2011

Parkin' It~

Someone asked me the other day where I have been. Where have I been? LOL! I can't really figure out *how* the days are going by so fast. Having teens and tots is so much fun. I do think the teens and their activities equal 2 tots a piece. HA! It's all good though. They are involved in some really good things with some really great people and it is fun to watch them spread their wings.

I have often thought I should just commit to posting a pic or thought a day to record our days. So many moments I don't want to forget. Maybe posting I will do it will make me accountable. :o)

We had a great morning at the park. The older 6 got in a long run on the trail while I played with the Littles at the playground.




Some of the runners. They had an 8K last weekend and are doing a 5K tnext weekend.












Our Philip is growing up so fast right now. He's an amazing kid!





Sweet John-John always smiling.



The dynamic duo. Em ended up in our bed last night crying from what I though was a bad dream. It turned out she just wanted her Noah.





Crazy- how big Ben-Ben is! He was so perturbed the olders weren't there. He just sat on the bench and kept saying their names looking for them. He loves his people.




After they came back he was so happy and got down to play. So funny!





As we were leaving the park a boy looked at his dad and said, "Wow. That is one big family." His Dad looked embarrassed but,our 16 year old and I looked at each other and laughed.

It made me think of this quote-
“Do you have a million dollars, Daddy?” Billy asked.

“No,” said Dad a little ruefully. “I have a million children, instead. Somewhere along the line, a man has to choose between the two.” from Cheaper by the Dozen

7 comments:

Kathy C. said...

I love your dynamic duo!

Mama D.'s Dozen said...

Always love to "hear from you" ... and LOVE the pic. I definitely need to start taking more pics.

Wow! Your big kids really are runners. That's awesome. My kids all love to run, but I don't know how and when to get them started doing 5k's. Would love some tips. :)

Have you read my blog this past week? (Can't remember if you've commented.) We've got some BIG news over at the Big D. house.

Hope your weekend is BLESSED!

Laurel :)

Sharon said...

Love the last pic!

Mama of 5 said...

I love that quote! Good to see your pics.
Becky

Grateful for Grace said...

Oh, love it!! All of it!

Can't wait to share that quote with my hubby.

So glad to see you posting!

Robin's Reports said...

Busy, busy, busy.... I agree with all you said, loved the quote, love that you need to blog more, love that you are all one big happy family. God is SO GOOD!!!

Anna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.