"We are all handmade people created by a God who is not safe or small." Rend Collective Experiment

Friday, July 15, 2011

Nerds Gotta Have Fun~

Today I was so blessed to have a "Girl's Day Out" with our 4 girls. They are so fun and so funny. We laughed so hard and just enjoyed each other so.

We jokingly always refer to ourselves as nerds. It's just an inside family joke -well, that's kind of true. HA! We love books, and Jane Austen, and maps, and tape measures. Seriously, our daughter Lily was so thrilled to find an orange rhinestone tape measure at the World Market. It is so her in each and every way.





We headed to Plato's Closet. Do Y'all have one of these? Such a great second hand store for younger people.






The shoes were incredible. So many and organized by color. Oh happiness!






We had so much fun laughing at the goofy shirts.






We thought this was hilarious.






This was our favorite. HA! Too funny.
We did have some really cute finds. Don't worry cousin Hopie we didn't succumb to too much tackiness. Haily even found a really CUTE JCrew dress.



Look she's got the whole world in her hands. We loved this map so much at the World Market that we bought it.











Em is the World's Best 4 year old shopper. Six hours and she never tires. Just happy to bop along and try on the bling.

We ended the day with Letters to Juliet.

So thankful to God for a wonderful day!

9 comments:

Mama D.'s Dozen said...

Sounds like a very fun day.


:) :) :)

Kathy C. said...

What do you read? I just got back from Christian bok convention!

Anonymous said...

That sounds like such an awesome day!! I love letters to Juliet! I miss y'all! Whitney~Faith

Leah-Joy said...

Sounds like an awesome day!! I wish we had a Plato's Closet! We SO should have a girls day the next time we come down!!

Grateful for Grace said...

I like the idea of a girls day out! fun!! I think my girls and I will head to your place for ours! ;)

~ McKenzie Elizabeth~ said...

Sounds like fun! Love the cupcake shirt! :o)

Deborah said...

I love your family :) This sounds like so much fun!! Where are you going to put the map? Can't wait to see it !!

Robin's Reports said...

I wanna come for a girls' day out. I don't have girls. How fun. Love those shirts & the jewelry. We're nerds too. Ds1 asked me what happened to his map on the wall (I pulled it for the room makeover). We love maps. And tape measurers.

Love the blog below about drinking the flower water. funny.

Hope said...

That sounds like the BEST. DAY. EVER. I feel like Hailey and I are official soul mates because of that dreaa :) Seriously. And I totally support ending any day with Letters to Juliet. I feel sso honored that I was mentioned in this post!

I LOVE YOU ALL!
Hope :)