"We are all handmade people created by a God who is not safe or small." Rend Collective Experiment

Thursday, January 26, 2012

We Went to the Zoo, Zoo, Zoo...

We took a field trip to the zoo today! The weather was amazing and we had a great time.



Eben tried to convince me we really didn't need the stroller as we have enough backs to carry little ones. He is so funny. I agreed with that, but reminded him that we needed something for our water bottles to ride in HA! Nobody wants to tote 13 water bottles on their back.









I loved this giraffe. He was too funny. I wonder if our neighborhood's HOA would approve a giraffe.





The sign on this bird told us he was shy, but could kill a human if disturbed. I am pretty sure the only thing saving us from attack was that chain link fence. ;o)




Elephant tusks = perfect pull up bar. Who knew?





Naturally, they all had to try.






Ben being Ben. He cracks me up.



The whole gang. Well, minus one. The bird didn't get him. He's in Mexico.



Samuel making friends.





A trip to the zoo wouldn't be complete without a ride on the carousel.









Hailey's words as we left, "The zoo is a really nice place, but I really do feel like they could make a better effort in improving the smell of it." HA! I love that girl!

A really fun day with some really fun people.

6 comments:

Mama D.'s Dozen said...

Looks like a wonderful time! Our family LOVES the Zoo.

Let me tell you ... it was WEIRD when we stopped pushing a stroller everywhere (after 20+ years of non-stop strollering). Now, the kids take turns carrying a backpack with all of our STUFF.


:) :) :)

BETHANY said...

Love Hailey's quote!

Chrissy said...

Your Hailey sounds like my Allie! She would say the same thing! Ha! Looks like a great day!

Kathy C. said...

Looks like fun. Do people ask you if you are a school group? Daycare?

Yvette said...

So fun, WOW has Samuel changed!! I love his monkey picture!

darci said...

Great pictures of a great day!