"We are all handmade people created by a God who is not safe or small." Rend Collective Experiment

Monday, February 13, 2012

Today at a little after 11:00 a.m our sweet son legally went from Li QingHai to Samuel Hudson Li. The Court House and it's atmosphere had a profound effect on our sweet boy. This was the first time he had been in a government building since coming home from China. The official looking and sounding people had him really, really afraid. He was trying to bury his little body into mine and every now and then he would whisper in my ear, "Mama and Sam-Sam go home?" We really think he was afraid we were going to hand him over and walk away. Ironically, it was during the moments that we were standing before the judge and promising that we would never leave him and care for him always. We promised him an inheritance and a future of love and education. I couldn't help but think how much I am like that with my relationship with God. When I find myself in a situation where I am confused and unsure of what is happening or when I don't understand my circumstances, I begin to wonder if God is there. Is He going to leave me? Is He going to hand me over and walk away? Fear sets in, and I am paralyzed to see the One who has it under control. The Word has so many precious promises of God and His faithfulness to never leave and forsake us. He knew we would have doubt and fear, and He wants nothing more than for us to cling to Him in those times. Through Jesus' death and resurrection we have been adopted into God's family. He is our Abba, Father who walks with us always. He has promised us an inheritance, and a hope, and a future. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,[a] neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38- 39
After we left the court house and went to the car Jim put our sweet boy into his car seat, he looked at us did a fist pump and said, "Yes!" It was too cute. He came home and was back to his funny little self.

9 comments:

BETHANY said...

Congratulations!

Christina said...

I follow your blog although I'm not sure if I have ever commented. This was beautiful. Congratulations.
- Christina

Claire said...

He is such a cutie. Congratulations on your new son!

Kimmie said...

fist pump here too...yeah God!!

Congratulations.

Kimmie
mama to 8
one homemade and 7 adopted

Robin's Reports said...

Awww, congratulations!!

Kathy C. said...

Congratulations!

Darell and Noel said...

Yay for God! We love you guys!!

Mama of 5 said...

Beautifully said!
Becky

Monica said...

What an awesome post! Congratulations on Samuel "officially" becoming a permanent member of your family. What a blessing!