"We are all handmade people created by a God who is not safe or small." Rend Collective Experiment

Thursday, June 07, 2012

Philippians 1:6~

We were so blessed to have family and friends share in this special time in our son Nick's life. It seems like yesterday that I was sitting with my little boy at the kitchen table doing Abeka Ladders as he learned to read. Reading didn't come easy for Nick and in his second year of schooling we learned he had Dyslexia. He and I had many tears over phonics lessons but the grace of God he learned to read and became an avid reader and lover of books, history, and apologetics. We are so proud of our son for the many things he is..a leader, kind, passionate, responsible, funny... but mainly we are just proud to be his parents. We are very excited to see the path that the Lord has for him. He is attending college locally and hopes to pursue a career in law enforcement. being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. Philippians 1: 6~ Sam-Sam wanted to know why Nicky was wear a dress.. so I told him to go and ask him. So, Sam-Sam goes up in front of everyone and asks, "Nicky, why you wear dress? You BOY, not girl!" Nick responded, "Sam-Sam it's a gown not a dress. Gowns are manly." HA! Then he kissed Nick and the girl graduates all melted. So blessed!

5 comments:

Monica said...

Congratulations! Renee, seeing your family always makes me smile. :) You are blessed indeed!

Yvette said...

Yeah! And look at Sam - he looks like he has grown a ton!

Kathy C. said...

You don't happen to have a 22 year old or so son, do you? My daughter is 20 and going into her third year in criminology starting a program in underwater crime scene. She hopes to find a good guy who's open to adoption : )

Renee said...

Kathy, that would be great if I did! Our oldest is 17 :o)

Robin's Reports said...

That is so AWESOME!! Congrats to Nick and Happy Birthday to Sam-Sam. I will have to put that in my calendar when I find it. Still lost in the "office move".

I love the Hulk cake. Your kids are awesome! Oh and Joel... what happened?