"We are all handmade people created by a God who is not safe or small." Rend Collective Experiment

Monday, September 23, 2013

Reaching new heights..



Katie asked me a few months ago if I would train her to run her first half-marathon. Upon hearing about this Hailey and Joel wanted in too. Crazy kids! LOL. So, we have been training. We have been having a lot of fun and some good and challenging runs. This past Saturday was the longest run we will have before before our race. We did 13 miles. It was mainly good. At mile 10 it was getting really hot and humid. I asked Katie if she was doing ok and began we trading back and forth badly misquoted parts from the Lord of the Rings to inspire us to greatness. Having a partner during a challenging run can really make so much of a difference in one's attitude. So much like life is easier when we have people around us who are encouraging us or praying for us. Or sometimes you just need someone to listen and say, "Yes, this is really hard and it stinks, but you can make it through." One of the greatest blessings we have on this journey we are on are the friends and family who love us and spur us on. I am so thankful for the people God has given me. I pray I will be a voice of encouragement and a prayer warrior for them too.



It won't be long and Lily will be taller then her big sister. The Pediatrician had predicted she would be the shortest girl of the family. I guess not!

4 comments:

Kathy C. said...

13 miles? Good for you guys!

Shonni said...

Thank you so much for your comment on my blog...I have been "under" so much right now, and have missed you and what is happening in your family.
Thank you again,
and the pictures of you little runners is so cute...love it.

Anonymous said...

You have such a beautiful family what sweet blessings and joy.



ERIKA

Robin's Reports said...

Exercising can stink. I love having Jack now as my exercise partner. Loved your story. LOL.

Also, pediatricians really shouldn't make predictions. Matthew was suppose to stop at 5'7", if we were lucky enough to get there. He's 5'10" now. No growth hormone treatments either, like they wanted.