"We are all handmade people created by a God who is not safe or small." Rend Collective Experiment

Friday, September 06, 2013

Summer 2013~

This week we began our 2013-2014 school year. It is exciting to begin a new season of school and learning. It is hard to say good-bye to summer though. I once heard a preacher on the radio say something along the lines of your favorite season should be the one you are in. I see the wisdom in that.. but I have to say, summer will always be special to me.

When I remember the summer of 2013 I will remember-

Summering in the Psalms with a group of ladies I love
Early morning runs
Smoothies
Pool mornings
Beach Days
Movie Days
Sunrise walks with Jim
Late night Netflixing with our oldest children
American Ninja Warrior Nights with our youngers
Crafting Days
Exploring Days
Zoo Days
Park Days
Race Days
Days with Friends
Parties
Graduations and Weddings
Time with Family
Games, games, games
Water Balloon Parties and Kickball Parties


I could go on and on. There were hard days as well. Our dear friends are walking through trials that have broken our hearts and have brought us all to our knees. God is good though, and we weather the storms together with Him as our rock and guide. We are very blessed.




2 comments:

Kathy C. said...

Sounds like you had a great summer! We enjoyed ours too and was sorry to see it end.

Deborah said...

Thank you so much for this post...the pictures are wonderful and make me miss you even more. I like your new blog look. Keep up the great work. You are inspiring!
I love you,
Debbie