"We are all handmade people created by a God who is not safe or small." Rend Collective Experiment

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

1 Samuel 1:27~


Two years ago today we met our sweet son Samuel! He was just shy of 5.5 years old. We had been prepared for him to be scared of us and for him to cry at our first meeting, but instead he came right to me and wrapped his sweet arms around my neck and said, "Mama." It was so amazing. We had sent him a pillow with a picture of Jim and I on it with our welcome package and the caregivers told us he would show it to everyone and tell them, "This is my Mama and Baba. They are coming for me." Oh, how precious is the faith of a child.




He remembers very well our first meeting and our days in China. It tickles me to hear him talk of that time.






We had to recreate the scene with what he calls his "China clothes". He had on a mint green sweat suit underneath his puffy pink jacket and jeans. He was toasty warm.






Yes, his China clothes still fit him. Even that teeny tiny little shoe still fits his little foot. He had two of them on when we met. I am pretty sure the other one fell behind the shelf in my closet.


It is believed that Sam-Sam has a rare form of dwarfism and that is why he hasn't grown very much. He has been given a clinical diagnosis and we go to genetics next month for further testing.






He is a little fish in the water. He absolutely loves to swim.



I love this picture of him. He is so full of joy.






Small, but mighty! He loves to climb.



He's a great older brother to these guys. They have so much fun together.



They are precious friends.


What an amazing blessing our son is! We thank God every day for letting us be his parents. We are blessed.

I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him. 1 Samuel 1:27

6 comments:

Kathy C. said...

He looks like an amazing boy.

Mama of 5 said...

Amazing!! Two years! He is a sweet heart! So handsome.

Becky

Robin's Reports said...

To think that two years has passed so quickly and yet part of me feels like he's been with you so much longer. I love that you recreated the photo too. Cool.

Praying for Sam-Sam and whatever tests are in his future. If he does have some form of dwarfism, it sure doesn't show in his proportions or his athleticism. God is so good.

Bethany Weathersby said...

I can't believe it's been two years!

Carrie_Renee said...

Hello, my name is caroline. I stumbled across your blog completely by accident but I want to tell you how excited I am that I did. I was looking for my mentor's blog (stepping heavenward - my life with parkinsons) when I found this. I am 21 years old but I look forward to adopting from Ethiopia and China one day. Im excited to read your stories and gain some incite. It may be years away but I pray for the Lord to prepare me even now. I know your blog will be such a blessing to me.

Anna said...

Man I miss your blog, Renee! I'm sure you're busy so I understand, but I'll continue to check back frequently, just in case you pop back in.
Bless you, buys Mama!
Anna
mudpiesandtutus(at)@gmail(dot)com